Monday, March 03, 2008

Coach Keith's Cavaliers Win the Championship!














They've outscored their opponents 413-190. Ranked 1st in scoring, defense and net points, putting up a blistering 42 pts per game. With a perfect record of 11-0, the Cavaliers beat the Lakers to win the title Thursday night at Redmill Elementary in Virginia Beach. This was the first tiime in history that two undefeated teams faced each other in the championship game. After the Cavaliers beat the Kings 50-11 in the first game of the season, I knew there was something special about this team. I called my assistant coach Devon while I was on business in Hawaii, and he was able to give me updates at the half. So I picked up a t-shirt that had Hawaii's 12-0 perfect season on it. So I brought the t-shirt to our next practice and I told my boys that we had the potential to do the same thing, even after their first game of the season. Since then, our boys went on a run like never before! What's special about this team is that there are no superstars. We play unselfish basketball, while executing plays. My son Brandon was the leading scorer at just shy of 12 pts. per game. Click here to see the Cavaliers in action!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Cavaliers undefeated season!!! You should be proud

Anonymous said...

The slide show was great. Those boys really play hard. Sean...great pics!

Keith said...

Thanks Kimone. It was truly a magical season. I sad it had to end. Thanks for coming out and taking some shots. Feel free to market them to Nike or Reebok! :)

Keith

Anonymous said...

Great video Montague with the champs' photos. 11-0. What a great team ... and coach! :O)

David L Ferrell

Anonymous said...

You had those young men playing tenacious defense, and unselfish offense. What a team! I thoroughly enjoyed the games. Undefeated is hard to do, I know you and the rest of the parents must be proud.

Jeremy Kilgore

Keith said...

Thanks Jereme. I appreciate your support in coming to the games. My boys truly had a remarkable season and I am blessed to have been a part of it. It has been a life changing experience for all involved. Now it's baseball season!!

Keith